Brazil is famously known as the country with no introverts. It’s a culture of openness and conviviality. If you like the idea of a place where you can’t help but feel good, Brazil is where you need to come. You will learn many amazing things, which will make you rethink your life values. You will learn how to enjoy every new day and the whole life to the fullest. The benefits of visiting Brazil is actually endless, but here are the most wonderful ways Brazil will make you happy.
1. The CarnivalWhile it may not look it, the colorful, out-of-control street celebrations and partying of the Carnival of Brazil are all part of a religious festival (the words carnival and carnaval are Roman catholic in origin, signifying the celebration before Lent). While Rio’s Carnival gets the most attention, every city and town in Brazil has its own. If you can possibly manage it, February is the time to be in Brazil. If you can’t, you should try December. The Reveillon New Year’s bash is another grand event.
2. The weather is never badSitting right on the equator, Brazil’s climate is predictable year-round: there are no summers or winters. When the tropical heat builds up, a light scattering of rain almost always brings it down. With such spectacular weather, you’re likely to have a great day every day. So make sure you pack lots of light summer dresses and your favorite swimsuit.
3. It’s in the Brazilian culture to be happyIt’s hard to see rude hotel clerks and unpleasant taxicab drivers in Brazil because it’s in the culture to greet everyone as if they were great friends. Kissing strangers in greeting is customary. If you have always wished people were more outgoing, you’ll feel at home in Brazil. Whether you want it or not, you will stay positive and happy all day long, without noticing that.
4. The entertainmentIf you’ve ever seen a Brazilian Carnival, you probably know that having a good time is central to the Brazilian culture. Entertainment is everywhere: theater festivals, street dancing festivals, music festivals and soccer festivals. Brazilians always find something to celebrate. This place may not be perfect for people who love peace and quiet, though it’s still possible to find some nice and quiet places to relax.
5. The Amazon rainforestsWhile the Amazon spans several regions of Latin America, Brazil has the largest share. If you need to see what the world must have looked like before humans came along, a day deep in the Amazon should be an excellent introduction. The Amazon rainforests make it to the New 7 Wonders of Nature list. Are you up to the challenge?
More: 10 Most Endangered Forests in the World
6. The natural attractionsBrazil is the only country in the world with more than one slot on the New 7 Wonders of Nature list. The Iguazu waterfalls are the other entry. The Iguazu is only the beginning of Brazil’s attractions. The clear pools of the Lençóis Maranhenses National Park, the canyons of the Chapada Diamantina National Park, Brolhos Marine National Park and other grand natural sites make Brazil the place to be for all nature lovers.
7. The sea turtle hatching seasonIf you’re a nature lover, you’ll want to be in the village of Praia do Forte between October and March each year. Sea turtle conservation groups such as the TAMAR project let you help sea turtles make their way out from the sand and into the sea. It’s an incredibly interesting experience you’ll never forget!
8. The coffeeBrazil produces a third of the world’s coffee. Whatever blended coffee you like, you can be sure that there’s some Brazilian coffee in it. If you really want to taste Brazilian coffee in all its varieties, you need to come here. Brazilians drink coffee all day long, I was greatly impressed. They drink it in the morning, after lunch and after dinner. I love coffee, but I can’t drink too much of it.
9. The absolute craze for soccerAs anyone who’s seen the way Brazil threw itself into the 2014 FIFA World Cup knows, football is the country’s unofficial religion. Many experts point to the passion as the reason Brazil lost to Germany – the team didn’t want to contaminate its soccer by trying to analyze it and plan the way the Germans did. They wanted just their passion to carry them through.
10. RioShould you be allowed only one place in Brazil, you should pick Rio de Janeiro, the perfect representation of all that’s good about Brazil. With its spectacular Atlantic coastline and the non-stop partying, the city can’t fail to impress. It seems Rio never sleeps so you should be ready to party a lot.
More: 10 Best and Cheapest Countries for Backpackers
If you’re an outdoors person, Brazil is definitely for you. From its entertainment to its natural wonders, everything good in Brazil happens out in the open. It’s a great way to live. If you want to jazz up your life, what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip to Brazil right now. Life is happier than you think and Brazil will prove it.