The New Year is a family holiday, yet it doesn’t mean you should stay home and celebrate it with your folks only. There are many other fantastic places to wave goodbye to the year of 2015 and welcome the new year 2016. Celebrating the new year abroad has a few benefits, including getting new experiences and impressions, and turning over a new leaf in a new place. It’s a great opportunity to step out of the comfort zone and face new adventures. Regardless of how happy or sad this year was for you, pick one of the places to celebrate the New Year 2016 and see what you can do to become happier in the coming year.
1. Times Square, New YorkIt has become a tradition since 1900’s to celebrate the New Year in New York. An enormous amount of people come to this place, no matter the weather condition. Everyone has a desire to experience that gorgeous atmosphere present in the air. Not only will you enjoy spectacular views, you will celebrate the New Year with over one million positive and happy people. If you’re a party junkie or a food lover, this New Year destination is for you.
2. Frenchmen Street, New OrleansNew Orleans isn’t only for Klaus and Elijah from the Originals. It’s a fun place to celebrate the New Year 2016 – whether with vampires and werewolves or not. New Orleans is popular and well-known for its cute cafes and bars that the locals love. Dancing and drinking in the street, playing music and meeting new people in this a little bit mysterious and incredibly beautiful city will make your new year celebration unforgettable.
3. Goa, IndiaOne of the most exotic places where you can have a marvelous celebration is certainly Goa. The bright sun, warm sea, and fabulous parties with delicious cocktails will make your new year celebration different. The main attraction of Goa is its high palms lining along the clean and pristine beaches with white sand and transparent water. You might stay in one of the rustic huts or choose one of the luxury hotels. Join the new year eve party, new year day beach fun, LED dance, whole night parties, fire dancing, and experience the most impressive fireworks.
4. Las Vegas Strip, Las VegasRing in the New Year 2016 in one of the best places for party junkies. Las Vegas is well-known for its wild parties and never ending festivity. There’s no place even for traffic – only entertainment is available here. When the New Year comes everything stops for a while in Las Vegas. Having cocktail in your hand you will be greatly fascinated with the magnificent firework and lots of people dancing and singing in the streets will boost your mood in a matter of a few seconds.
5. Sydney Harbor, SydneyNot only the locals but the tourists strive to visit the Sydney Harbor on New Year’s Eve. It’s an iconic landmark that’s a unique symbol of New Year’s Eve celebrations in Australia. If you hate the cold season and want to ring in the New Year with summer in your heart, Sydney is your dream destination. Over one million people join cheerful parties and wait for the majestic firework show. The festivities last till morning.
6. Niagara Falls, Canada
It’s hard to describe the feelings and impressions you get when celebrating the New Year in Niagara Falls. It’s something like a dream. The Niagara Falls come alive with breathtaking fireworks and fabulous festivities every December 31. Be ready to party all night long, drinking the tastiest cocktails and having more than 30,000 people around you.
7. The Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, GermanyIf you’re planning to make your new year celebration different this year, take a trip to the dynamic Germany’s capital. You’ll experience another level of festivity and enjoyment. You will have an unforgettable start of the year 2016 between Brandenburg Gate and the Victory Column. Live concerts, open-air disco, popular DJ’s, various light shows and tasty food will amuse you till morning.
8. Prague, Czech RepublicPrague is one of the best places to ring in the New Year. Czechs love setting off fireworks, so no matter where you are going to celebrate the New Year in Prague, you will experience the most breathtaking firework show ever. The New Year’s Eve Gala Ball at the Prague State Opera is a must-see on December 31. At midnight, a grand ball will begin and will go on till the morning. You can also watch incredible fireworks over the Prague Castle and the Vltava River.
9. Kitzbühel, AustriaKitzbühel isn’t as popular as New York, but it has something unique to offer too. It’s a small medieval town with a history going back to the 9th century. Many celebrities like Kirk Douglas and Coco Chanel appreciated the hospitality and splendor of the town. Kitzbühel is ideal for a romantic New Year’s celebration. Special songs and incredible fireworks will make your celebration really glorious. Skip champagne – warm yourself with hot fine wine. But be careful, don’t drink too much or you will miss all the beauty of the night.
10. Copacabana Beach, Rio de JaneiroWhat does usually come to your mind when you think about Rio de Janeiro? Beaches? Parties? Cocktails? Girls in bikini? The Copacabana Beach has all of them! It’s a place where all your dreams seem to come true. Reveillon is the main attraction that draws tons of tourists from different parts of the world each year. People wear white clothes and enjoy the celebration till morning.
In short, it doesn’t matter where you celebrate the New Year. Your mood is more important than location. You deserve to be happy in 2016 so make sure you are super positive on New Year’s Eve. New Year is a significant day for people all over the world. They say, the way you spend your New Year’s Eve is an indication of how you will spend the coming year. Spend it with the people you love and in the place you love. Where do you want to ring in the New Year?